The Author Life

I mentioned last week that there are some parts of marketing that are more enjoyable than others, and this includes author events. If you’re an author and you’ve never participated in an author event, I suggest you find a way to remedy that oversight.

I had the honor and privilege of being part of an event in Omaha, Nebraska, at a local bookstore. It was for children and young adult authors, and I got to go to a bookstore. I feel like this can’t be restated enough. As an author, I’m also a reader, so any excuse I can find to go to a bookstore, I’ll take.

The Bookworm is an amazing store. My boys went with me, and they couldn’t believe how big the store was. I was just thrilled to be surrounded by books. We arrived a little early so we could browse, and the boys immediately found the kids’ section and checked out the offerings.

I spent most of that time getting ready for my allotted meet and greet and meeting the other authors in the store. I had the pleasure of meeting E M McIntyre and Lydia Kang. They are both amazing authors and wonderful people to talk to. For my time slot, I had the honor of sitting with Tonya Kuper, who is also amazing.

Talking to other authors about writing and life in general is so much fun. I didn’t sell or sign any books while I was there, but the bookstore has my books on consignment. Do you know what that means? It means my books are available in a brick and mortar store! For an indie author from Wyoming, that’s pretty freaking cool. 



Before leaving, the boys and I each got a book. I mean, we were in a bookstore. I think it’s against the law to leave without buying something. I purchased a nonfiction book by Lydia Kang called Quackery: A Brief History of the Worst Ways to Cure Everything, and she was kind enough to sign it for me. I’m really enjoying it so far. So much information about stuff I didn’t know I needed to know! 



I may not have sold any books at this author event, but I was able to meet local authors and hang out at a bookstore. To me, that makes the event totally worth my time.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)