The Zombie Upstairs by T.W. Kirchner‏


After working an assortment of jobs, which include a computer programmer, marketing director, and substitute teacher, T.W. Kirchner decided to concentrate on her second loves, writing and art. Her first loves are her husband, two children, and furry menagerie known as the Kirchner Zoo. Pirates Off the Deep End and Pirates Off the Wall are my first published novels. The Troubled Souls of Goldie Rich: The Zombie Next Door and The Troubled Souls of Goldie Rich: The Zombie Upstairs are now available. A sequel to Pirates will be out around summer 2014

Website
Goodreads
Facebook


After the first harrowing but successful zombie encounter, fourteen-year-old Goldie Rich and her older sister, Gema, make amends. Since Gema still doesn’t share Goldie’s belief in zombies, Goldie and best friend, Rita, decide to keep their zombie activities a secret. With nine souls left to free from the magical pendant Goldie found, her zombie hunting days are far from over.

The warring light and dark magic of the pendant give Goldie frequent nightmares. Her visions give her clues of what lies ahead and what she needs to do to defeat the evil Bokor. As she struggles to unravel them while keeping it a secret, friends Jonny and Blake get pulled into the zombie hunt. Just when Goldie finally feels she has the mission under control, some new discoveries alert her that the dark magic has placed Gema in danger
.

On sale for .99 July 8 through July 14 at Amazon

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
My characters came from a one-page story my daughter wrote in fourth grade. I told her I’d turn it into a book one day and put her name in the credits. Except for Goldie solving a mystery, her short story was totally different from my book. I just kept all of the character names.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
It took about eight years to write. I was working on my skills as a writer and kept improving the story (and the writing). Once I added the voodoo and zombies, it all came together, and I was happy with the results.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
It’s calming and gives me a chance to be creative at the same time.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
My least favorite thing about writing is getting stuck on a section. I always have two manuscripts in progress, so I can switch back and forth in case I hit a road block.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
If I could be any famous person for one day—that’s tough. I love playing tennis and being active, so I may go with Serena Williams. I’d love to know what it feels like to hit a serve that hard and play that well. I’d play tennis in the morning and try out the Ninja Warrior course in the evening…she’s so strong, I think she’d do well at that.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I clean out my fridge regularly, so there’s nothing really old in there. The winning food may be a bottle of A1 sauce that’s been in there a year.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Hopefully, the two YAs I’m working on will get published, but I’ll also continue writing books for my Pirates Off series. They are a lot of fun to write.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)