This Week in Writing

It has been an incredibly awesome week in my writing world. It is now official that Little Devil Books will be putting out The Ifs Return, the middle grade sequel to The Ifs. I am super excited about working with them again, and my boys can’t wait until the book is in print. They really enjoyed reading it.


I’ve been querying agents for the nonfiction book, Undead Obsessed. So far, I’ve had three requests for proposals. That’s really exciting. As you may remember, this book has caused me a little heartache, so I’m happy it’s getting some attention.

Even if the agent route doesn’t work out for me, I was also informed that Booktrope will more than happily publish Undead Obsessed. I was utterly shocked when I found this out and thrilled/excited/squealing with joy/happy dancing. Booktrope is awesome to work with. The people there are absolutely amazing.

I’m going to be honest with you, I’m a little torn at this point. The agent route has never worked out for me before. I’ve queried at least six projects to date—probably sending thousands of letters—and haven’t had any luck. The indie publishers that I’ve worked with have always been so freaking awesome and supportive, so I know my experience there will be great. But at the same time, I feel like I owe it to myself to try with every project to land an agent. Who knows? The stars might align for me.

The only thing I can do at this point is attempt to be patient and wait to hear from the agents. That is really not an easy task for me. But, I'll do what I have to do. I’ll have to grit my teeth and bear it.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)