Reconquest: Mother Earth by Carl Alves‏


Carl went to Boston University majoring in Biomedical Engineering. Carl graduated with a BS degree, and has since worked in the pharmaceutical and medical devices industries. He later graduated from Lehigh University with an MBA degree. His debut novel Two For Eternity was released in 2011 by Weaving Dreams Publishing. His novel Blood Street was released in 2012 by True Grit Publishing. His novel Reconquest: Mother Earth is scheduled to be released in 2014 by Montag Press. His short fiction has appeared in various publications such as Blood Reign Lit, Alien Skin, and Dark Eclipse. He is a member of the Horror Writers Association and has attended the Penn Writers Conference.

You can visit his website at www.carlalves.com
https://www.facebook.com/carl.alves.3
https://twitter.com/authorcarlalves


SEAL Mitch Grace was among the first humans to see the aliens when they landed at the naval base where he was stationed, but like the rest of humanity, he was powerless to stop them.

Five years later, Mitch awakens from his coma under the care of an alien physician to find that aliens control the planet. Starting alone, as a one man army, he rallies the surviving humans to build a resistance movement to take the planet back from the alien conquerors. After his capture by the aliens, Mitch is forced into intergalactic slavery to become a gladiator, fighting as the sole representative of the human species. Against all odds and far from home, he lays the plans for the reconquest of his homeland.


Reconquest: Mother Earth is the thrilling combination of Red Dawn, Independence Day, and Gladiator.

Q) What inspired you to write Reconquest: Mother Earth?
I have been long fascinated with the concept of an alien invasion, and I find too many of the movies that have been done on the subject are too rah-rah in nature and don’t always cling to a realistic outcome. I think the actual invasion part has really been done quite a bit before. The part that I was more interested in what happens after an alien invasion, and specifically can be done to take the planet back from aliens. I wanted to write a story that would appeal to all readers and not just those that are into science fiction so I mixed a great deal of action, adventure, romance, and even humor into my novel Reconquest: Mother Earth.

Q) How long did it take you to write Reconquest: Mother Earth?
I don’t write a single book continuously. I’m constantly bouncing from one book to the next to a short story and then back again. I would say it took me three to four years to write this novel.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I like to get ideas that I have conceptualized in my mind, and put them to paper. I don’t outline at all, so the story usually evolves over time. I thoroughly enjoy the evolution process with characters, with the overall plot. During the process of writing sometimes I will kill off a character unexpectedly or save a character that I thought I would kill off.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
It’s hard to say since I truly enjoy every aspect of writing. For me the hardest part is probably starting the story. I think that’s the most crucial part of the story, and you have to hit it just right. You have to hook your reader in, introduce your main character, introduce setting, and it all has to be perfect. That balance isn’t always hard to reach.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would like to be Jeff Probst, the host of Survivor. He spends his time in exotic locales around the world. He has knowledge of everything going on in the show that the contestants don’t. He’s like an evil genius behind the scenes.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I’m pretty sure I have a bottle of blue cheese salad dressing that’s growing alien life forms in it right about now.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I never stop writing. Just recently I finished a manuscript am I currently titling Beyond Ragnarok, which starts off with the Battle of Ragnarok taken from Norse mythology. In my story Loki swerves the Asgardian gods by not appearing at Ragnarok, and instead spending the last decade on Midgard (Earth) creating a virus designed to wipe out most of the population so that he can wrest power from the world’s leaders. It is up to two of the survivors of the Battle of Ragnarok to stop him.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)