Helmut Saves the World by Matt Sheehan‏


Moody and sarcastic at the best of times, the author should not be conversed with prior to his morning cup of coffee. He excels at sitting with his feet up and drinking coffee or beer while reading, but has yet to find someone willing to pay for that service. He has always been, and will always be, his mother’s favorite child. Has been known to dangle participles. Dreams of someday moving to a deserted island that supports coffee beans and hop vines.

@shamusshlomo
https://www.facebook.com/matt.sheehan.980
https://www.facebook.com/HelmutSavesTheWorld
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/27921671-matt-sheehan


My name is Helmut Haase and I'm one half of the Fog City Detective Agency--specifically, the half that pays all the bills. My partner, Shamus O'Sheehan, mostly drinks beer and naps. I keep him around because he's my friend, but also because he's a Druid. I'm just a detective, and there are plenty of those in Wudong, the Confederacy of Hesperia. There's not another Druid for miles.

We had it pretty good until the day we met Alek Pallas. He hired us to track down a thieving employee, and even though something was off, his big fat check was too much to pass up. But the man we found wasn't what we were led to believe, and neither was Alek.

I'm talking shape-shifters, fallen angels and a conspiracy involving the vicious Cretan Empire. At least we didn't die. Hope that doesn't ruin the story.

Why am I telling you all this? Someday I'd like some credit for saving the world. Maybe not the entire world, and maybe not alone, but I still deserve a medal. And perhaps a cash prize.


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I really don’t know. I had never written anything before. I had an idea for a universe that I thought may have made a good comic book, but how I took that and made a novella out of it – I’m still a little fuzzy.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
I’m not exactly sure. A little less then a year I think. Waiting to see if it would be published, and then the editing process after that definitely took longer than the actual writing.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
I like the fact that I’ve created something of my own. I also like to make people laugh, and now whenever my wife isn’t appreciating my humor, I tell her that my editor says I’m laugh-out-loud funny. She appreciates that.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing? 
It’s actually hard work. And my grammar stinks and I can’t spell. Thank goodness for editors.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why? 
 I don’t really want to be famous. Now rich…that’s a different story. It’s not that I really want a bunch of stuff. It’s more of the freedom that money grants. Ok, I would want a beach house.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
 Luckily my wife takes care of this sort of thing. It’s probably saved my life.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I’m in the editing phase for my second book, Helmut Goes Abroad, and I’m in the process of writing Helmut’s third adventure.  
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)