Captured by the Pirate Laird by Amy Jarecki‏


Amy has won multiple writing awards and lives in Utah with her husband, Bob. She writes contemporary romance and Scottish historical romance. For fun, she hikes, bikes and plays a mean game of golf. Born in California, Amy holds an MBA from Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Web site
Blog
Twitter: @amyjarecki
Facebook
Goodreads


Wed by proxy to a baron old enough to be her grandfather, Lady Anne trudges up the gangway of a galleon that will deliver her into the arms of a tyrant. Crestfallen, she believes her disastrous life cannot get worse—until she awakes to the blasts of cannon fire.

Facing certain death, Anne trembles in her stateroom while swords clash and the chilling screams of battle rage on the deck above. When a rugged Highlander kicks in her door, she prays for a swift end.

But Laird Calum MacLeod has a reason for plundering the ship—and it’s not a stunning English lass. With no other choice, he takes Anne to his crumbling keep on the isle of Raasay and sends a letter of ransom to her husband. In time, Anne grows to understand MacLeod’s plight and finds it increasingly difficult to resist Calum’s unsettling charm—until the baron sends a reply agreeing to terms.

Ripped from passion that will be forever seared into their souls, will Anne and Calum risk everything for love?


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I have always enjoyed Scottish Historical romance, and my heritage (even my maiden name) is Scottish. I got my MBA at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. Anyway, after dabbling in contemporary romance, I tried my hand at Scottish historical romance, and found I had quite a knack for it.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Captured by the Pirate Laird took about four months. The first three books in the series took about nine months. They’re all 90K word manuscripts…no short books yet, though I’m considering writing a novella.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love the revision process. It gives me the opportunity to change ordinary prose into something special and make the characters come alive.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Writing to me is an obsession. If I let it, I can become isolated. Of course I don’t think that’s a bad thing, though everyone else in my family will argue. I have to work at not letting my stories and ideas take over my mind.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would be Monica McCarty. It would be interesting to fill the shoes of my favorite author!

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I still have the habanero sauce from my last interview on your site. Is that gross or what?

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
In 2014 I have five Scottish Historical Romances coming out…the first is Captured by the Pirate Laird, followed by two more in the series, The Highland Henchman and Beauty and the Barbarian. In the fall Turquoise Morning Press will release my Celtic Warrior series, Rescued by the Celtic Warrior and Celtic Maid. I have another Scottish historical series I’m working and hope to roll out in 2015.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)