Virtue by Amy Jarecki‏


Before college, I was a showgirl. I toured—singing and dancing my way around the world in a review called Follies on Broadway. Several years later, I dreamed up the plot for VIRTUE after I took a cruise to Belize...

How cool would it be to write a romantic suspense about a dancer who falls in love with a hot Belizean man and ends up in more trouble than Indiana Jones?

Web site
Blog
Twitter: @amyjarecki
Facebook
Goodreads


Sheltered, raised in rural Utah, Zoe Marshall has never heard of the Mayan Prophecy of the Golden Goddess—but she’s about to.

At the moment she’s thrilled to have landed her dream job dancing on a cruise ship where she meets Belizean Gabriel AhKin. The sizzling bartender stirs her passion.

When the ship docks in Belize, Zoe disappears—spirited into the bowels of a Mayan cult led by a reclusive fanatic. When the madman sees her, he divines Zoe is the Golden Goddess. She is “the one” to fulfill the prophecy. Now Gabriel’s driving obsession is to save the woman who’s captured his heart.


Book Trailer

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
Before I went to college, I was a showgirl and toured with a review called Follies on Broadway. On a vacation in Belize, it excited and freaked me out to climb through the caves of the Mayan underworld. I asked myself, how cool would it be to write a story about a dancer who gets a job on a cruise ship and ends up in more trouble than Indiana Jones. Voila, a story was born!

Q) How long did it take you to write?
The first draft took about two months…then a month of editing…then a few months of waiting for a contract…then another month of editing. Writing/rewriting all up took about four months.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Writing…LOL…who doesn’t say that? In all honesty, I like the revision process. It gives me the opportunity to change ordinary prose into something special.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Writing to me is an obsession. If I let it, I can become isolated. Of course I don’t think that’s a bad thing, though everyone else in my family will argue. I have to work at not letting my stories and ideas take over my mind.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would be Albert Einstein. For a day I’d like to be the smartest person on the planet…maybe some of it would stick!

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I actually had to walk to my fridge and take inventory. I’m a bit anal about cleaning out my fridge once every two weeks, because my mother had what the family called an “antique food collection”. Sometimes things were just unrecognizable *shudders*. I swear I’m never going to go there. Anyway, the oldest thing in my fridge is a bottle of habanero sauce my husband bought on our honeymoon seven years ago…Does that stuff ever go bad?

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
In 2014 I have five Scottish Historical Romances coming out…the first is Captured by the Pirate Laird on February 17th. I’m super excited my historical novels will finally be hitting the shelves!

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)