Passion From The Vine by Shannon Casey


Shannon Casey was born in Turlock, California, the second oldest of eight children. Being the only girl she had to use her imagination to entertain herself. She was also a tom boy who never let the fact that she was a girl slow her down. She learned to ride horses better than the boys and practiced her hand at roping and barrel racing.

She married her high school sweet heart during her senior year and became a mother at seventeen, but she didn’t let that slow her down. Her daughter became her motivation to obtain her college degree and create a better life for them. Shannon graduated from CSU Stanislaus in 1997 and soon after had her second daughter. She went on to obtain two master degrees in psychology, two credentials and a private license.

During her career as a psychologist she never gave up her dream of becoming an author, but as the years passed she never found the time to actually write. Like most people, the daily grind and spending time with her children took precedence over her desire to create.

Then she met her second husband, Corey Casey, through her older brother Anthony. They married in March 2008. When her son was born in July 2009 it was the perfect time for her to cut her hours to part time. Corey inspired her to pick up her pen and write, telling her that she would never know unless she tried. Since that time, she has written her first novel, traveled and found her creative outlet.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passion-from-the-Vine/601582543233746
https://www.facebook.com/shannon.casey.750546
http://www.amazon.com/Shannon-Casey/e/B00H5CDSOG/
Twitter: @Shannon79396996


Izzy, a woman shattered by the man who was supposed to protect and cherish her, sets out on a journey to mend her broken heart and discovers a passion greater than she had ever imagined.

Valentino, a man driven to expand his family’s empire and bury his own tormented past, finds a desire that runs deeper than the vines he tends.

Enthralled with each other, Izzy and Valentino want a real relationship but can’t let go of their painful pasts. Izzy, seeks her independence while still trying to hold onto Valentino, but he will not settle for pieces of her love and halfhearted trust. Will these two broken souls, who were brought together by fate and bound by an irresistible attraction, be strong enough to overcome their own insecurities and give love a chance.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18771385-passion-from-the-vine

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I have wanted to write an erotic novel for the past five years, but kept coming up with excuses not too: I spend to many hours at work, I have three kids, I need to finish x, y and z first, the list goes on and on. My husband, Corey, finally says to me “Babe, we’re not getting any younger, now’s the time for you to take the chance and see if you can actually do it. I know you can.” So with his encouragement I started writing the story that had been bouncing around in my head for the past year.

When I finally put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard, I already knew who my main characters were. I had a mental outline for the beginning of my book, but the body came to me as I wrote. I knew that travel, wine, food and of course romance/sex would be the key elements. As I wrote, the story took on a life of its own and I didn’t even know where it would go, until I got there.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
The novel took about eight months to write, because I could only write early in the morning or on weekends. During the last three months of writing, I pretty much gave up every weekend so that I could finish the book on time (my time schedule). I am very thankful to my family for putting up with me and my “lack of availability”.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
My favorite thing about writing is the freedom of expression and creating something from nothing. I found it very invigorating to write about what I wanted and to let the story lead me on an adventure. It still amazes me how some great authors can write novel after novel and still come up with new and exciting characters and original ideas. I want to be them when I grow up!!

On a side note, my mind is constantly bouncing around ideas and I find myself daydream full scenes during inappropriate times. So I love it when I actually get to write those ideas down and see the various parts come together.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Editing, because I suffer from dyslexia and my mind does not see the differences in words (i.e. bored and board), therefore, my syntax can be horrendous, not to mention my spelling!

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
John Roberts, Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court, because I believe he has the power to make real changes in our country. A Supreme Court judge service a life tenure and cannot be voted out by congress or the people, therefore, he/she is difficult to buy off. I’m not sure what I could accomplish in one day, but I would do my best to share my ideas with the other justices and attempt to pass a meaningful law!

If I chose a celebrity, it would be Julia Roberts because I think she’s gorgeous and intelligent.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Let me go check; a bottle of Soy Sauce with an expiration date of May 2012. I’m usually anal about cleaning out the fridge and do it every time I go grocery shopping, but I guess I missed that one. Now, my granny on the other hand is still hording food that I swear expired in the 1980’s!!

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I’m very excited about my new writing project and the sleepless nights are back. What started as a thought has now bloomed into a new novel. I have begun researching Avatar’s and brain functioning for my new futurist novel. It will be an erotic fantasy about the future and focus on the use of Avatars in our lives. That is all I’m willing to disclose at this time!

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)