Gargoyle’s Embrace by Lisa Carlisle‏


Lisa gravitates toward stories with dark, brooding, isolated characters (think Heathcliff, Dracula, Darth Vader and Severus Snape) and tough, independent, caring heroines. She’s wanted to write since the sixth grade and is thrilled to now be a multi-published, award-winning author.

She spent a short time in the Marine Corps, living in Parris Island, the California desert, and Okinawa, Japan. She then backpacked alone around the US and Europe and lived in Paris, France, before returning to the U.S. to buy a bookstore. Now she lives in New England with her husband and children and draws on these experiences in her stories.

Facebook


Fifth in the Underground Encounters series.

Tracy isn’t sure why she’s drawn to a particular gargoyle statue in the Goth club where she works. After the stone takes human form to protect her from her abusive ex, she brings the handsome, naked male to her apartment. It’s impossible to ignore the seductive appeal of a man sculpted like a Viking warrior.

Danton has only hours in human form to spend with the woman he has hungered for. He’s convinced what’s between them is more than hot sex, but he needs to convince Tracy of that before he turns back to stone.


A Romantica® paranormal erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I love gargoyles. Ever since I wrote the first book in my Underground Encounters series, which is set in a goth club filled with gargoyle statues, I’ve wanted to write a story about one of the statues. In this case, it is when one of them reveals his true nature while protecting the woman he’d been admiring while in stone.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
It’s a shorter story, about 14,000 words, much shorter than my novels. However, the tight word count made editing take longer than usual and I had to significantly rewrite the story. My editor had me cut out sub-plots and stick to the essential storyline and she was right; This version is much stronger than the first. So the first draft didn’t take too long, but the revisions took much longer than I anticipated.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love losing myself in the world of my characters, wondering what they will do next. I can’t imagine ever being bored because I can just let my imagination wander.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
It isn’t easy and it is emotionally draining at times. I often feel guilty from the time I take away from my family when I write. They are very supportive, though.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Eww, I’m afraid to check. Oh, I know. A celeriac from our farm share that just sits in the veggie drawer mocking us to do something with it.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
More gargoyles, rock stars, brilliant tortured heroes, kick ass heroines, and a lot of hot, sexy romance!

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)