Deep in Crimson by Sarah Gilman‏

Sarah Gilman writes wicked paranormal romance and fantasy in the Green Mountains of Vermont, where she was born and raised.

Website
Facebook
Twitter: @Gilman_Sarah


Kidnapped by humans and raised in a research facility, Jett was taught to believe his own race of demons insidious and violent. But a friendship with the archangel Raphael shatters Jett’s reality. Caught between two worlds, his first months of freedom find him lingering on the fringes of his home colony, Sanctuary.

When the human who stole Jett captures another demon youth from Sanctuary, Jett learns of the real plan—to steal Raphael’s archangel grandchildren. Jett wants to bring his captor to justice, but he must overcome the lies from his past and join forces with the demon Guardians, and the demon child’s older sister, Lexine.

Irresistible attraction grows between Jett and Lexine, but Lexine’s prophetic dreams of being mated to a poacher make her wary. And if Jett goes through the all-consuming process of becoming a Guardian, he may forfeit any chance they have of being together.


Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
Jett, the hero. Deep in Crimson is a sequel to the first book in the Return to Sanctuary series, so writing it naturally followed the first, however Jett’s story wasn’t part of my original plan. As a minor character in the first book, he took on a story of his own and I couldn’t leave it be. He inspired me to keep going with that train of thought.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Six months, approximately. There were a few stops and starts because Jett’s story wasn’t part of my original plan. I had to play with the plot a bit, which cost me some time.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
The creativity. I’ve seriously pursued several things in my life, including music and science, but writing has been more fulfilling than anything else because I can create something entirely my own, something no one else can.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing? 
The inactivity. I love to write all day, but I can’t sit and write all day all the time. I end up pacing the house while brainstorming and getting cabin fever.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Neil Armstrong, so I could walk on the moon.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
A half-full bottle of sake. It’s good sake, but after I opened it, I wasn’t in the mood again for quite a while. I keep telling myself to dump it—it’s three years old—but I can’t bring myself to dump good sake (even though it can’t be very good now).

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I have two more books coming out this year, Ghosts of the Falls (a short story ghost romance, October 28) and a category length novel in which a journalist meets a phoenix prince. I’m currently working on more books in the Return to Sanctuary series and a possible new dragon shifter series.


Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)