Women of War by Lisa Beth Darling‏


I've been married for the last 27 years to my wonderful husband and incredibly talented musician & rockin' DJ, Roy. We live in my hometown of New London, CT where we have raised two beautiful daughters to adulthood.

My writing career began in junior high, around the 7th grade. A fact that my fellow students adored but often got me called down to the Guidance Counselor's Office to discuss the adult nature of my early stories. While the experience was never pleasant, I was not deterred by the counselors' worries I was spurred onward by them, as well as by my teachers, and my classmates, I continued to hone my craft throughout those formative years.

Through my full-length novels and series I bring conflict, passion, love, and suspense to unique couples--how about a Greek God and a Fae, a retiring military man and an aging widowed hippie, a famous writer/director and a lonely hitch-hiker, or a b-grade actor and a very lucky first-time author? Since I'm never one to shy away from the less pleasant things in life, indeed I believe that it is in the Darkness where Character is created, determined, and defined, my heroes and heroines have their love tested by demons from within and without.

To date, I have penned some 14 novels and 30+ short stories. All of my books and stories are filled with steamy sex, hot passion, dark intrigue, and nail biting suspense. ALL of my works are intended for a Mature Audience Only this includes most of my non-fiction books. My books are for those who like their reading on the gritty side. They are not intended for the faint of heart or those who enjoy a sweet read.

Also, being a Pagan (which is helpful when I write about the Ancient Gods!) I've penned a few useful guides for Ritual Sex/Love Magick and for those wanting to start out exploring Magickal Herbalism.

Web
Blog
Facebook
Twitter: @lb_darling


Venture on a Mystical Journey through Time and Secrets Past

Book #5 in the OF WAR Series spans four generations of women in Alena's family from her great-grandmother, Shar Draiocht the last known Queen of the Dark Kingdom to her tortured daughter Morrowind, to Maven Alena's free-spirited mother and through the lonely life of Alena MacLeod ending where "The Heart of War" begins with the night Alena washes up on Ares' shore. With intensity, lust, fear, and strength these Women of War make their way in the world revealing the hidden truths of the past and Ares true connection to his beloved Wife, Alena.


Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
“Women of War” is the 5th installment in the OF WAR Series. It tells the tale of the family history of the series’ heroin, Alena MacLeod. Throughout the series there are nods to several of the women in her family and it was time to tell the full story.

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
This novella didn’t take very long as it actually evolved out of “Child of War-Rising Son” the preceding story. I found myself struggling with a few chapters and doing everything I could to sort of just throw information into it. It wasn’t coming out well. A friend of mine who proofreads my stories very gently ventured the idea that “Rising Son” was finished. I was actually on to another novel and that was why I was having so much trouble. I tell you, if she didn’t live in Texas and I in Connecticut I would have given her such a big wet sloppy kiss! It was as though the Gods spoke to me through her. I finished off “Rising Son” and happily went about writing “Women of War” in a few short months.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love creating the worlds the Muse gives me. I adore flying through The Zone without a single care in the world when the writing is going hot and heavy.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing? 
Self-doubt. I am my own worst critic and my own worst enemy. I always have this nagging little voice in the back of my head telling me how much I suck and I should just give up. It’s very depressing and, unfortunately, that little voice wins out more often than it should and there are many days where I just don’t write anything at all because I’m paralyzed by my own self.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
When I was younger I used to clamor for Fame and Fortune but now I’m older and quite a bit wiser. You can keep it. I’m happy being me. But, just for fun, if I could be anyone for a day I’d like to step into Stephen King’s shoes just to see how he does it. I’d like to poke around in his head for a while too. J

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
I’m a pretty sure that it’s a bottle of hot sauce. I won’t even venture a guess as to how many Christmases ago I received it as a gift!

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
“Kingdoms of War” the OF WAR Series Finale will release next spring and it should be quite explosive.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)