How He Really Feels by Lisa Suzanne‏

Lisa Suzanne is a high school English teacher who lives at home in Arizona with her amazing husband and adorable yellow lab.

Web
Goodreads
Facebook
Twitter


Julianne Becker is desperately in love with her boss, Nick Matthews. She has daydreamed about him since the day she first met him a year earlier, but she is firmly stuck in the friend-zone until New Year’s Eve, when the game completely changes and she finds out how Nick really feels about her.

They embark on a sexy affair that’s everything Julianne ever dreamed of... except she can’t tell anyone about it. What will happen if anyone finds out about their secret relationship? And how will her lifelong best friend, Travis Miller, react when Julianne begins a relationship with someone who isn’t him? 


How He Really Feels is a novel that explores relationships and love between coworkers and friends. It contains some adult situations and is intended for mature readers.

Book Trailer

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
The song “Rest Stop” by Matchbox Twenty. There is a scene midway into the book that was inspired by that song, and I wanted to build an entire story around that one scene.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
It’s complicated! I started writing this story about fifteen years ago. I have always loved to write, and this one started on a yellow legal pad, handwritten! I typed it up at some point, and back in December 2012, I opened up the Word Document to see what it looked like. It was 36 pages (somewhere around 37,000 words), and it was the basic story but with very little detail. So I took the story and played with it, adding detail and description and scenes from December until April, and I ended up with the final published product you see today.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
It’s such an escape to just start a story and see where the characters take me. It sounds so strange, but that’s kind of how it happens, and I love that part of it! Usually I know where I want to go with the story when I’m writing it, but the journey of getting there is my favorite part of writing.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
It is totally all-consuming and it’s hard to stop once I’ve started! So things get neglected… like laundry and mopping the floors.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Adam Levine’s fiancée (for obvious reasons).

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Cream of Coconut. It’s at least five years old, and the expiration date rubbed off so I can’t read it. I went on the website, though, and apparently it’s fine and doesn’t actually expire. I tried making pina coladas a few weeks ago with it and no one got sick!

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?

What He Really Feels (Book 2 in the He Feels Trilogy) is set for release on October 3. I’m working on the final book in the trilogy now. After He Feels is complete, I will be working on my next series, another contemporary romance. It follows three friends who go on a summer vacation. And I have another series already started that’s in the works after that!

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)