Hath No Fury by Hal Rappaport‏


I currently live in New Jersey, in a small town just north of Princeton. I grew up in Philadelphia. I guess I’ve been writing stories since I was about 11 or 12. I loved the idea of being able to transport someone to another place, or to create my own.

I’ve always been into technology. I’ve worked in the field for almost 25 years. I wrote for the Syfy Channel’s technology site, DVICE and several of my articles were picked up by NBC (NBC Universal owns the Syfy Channel). I have regular articles that are science fiction inspired, but about REAL technology. It’s been my passion to incorporate something real from fiction. In the case of my book, it’s incorporating something real INTO the fiction.
Before any of the Syfy channel stuff, way back in the early days before Facebook and before Blogs, I created a web site for Horror themes called, Frightscape.com. It’s still in existence in its very primitive form.

Anyway, I decided to write an article for my own site about one of the scariest places I had ever been. It was a haunted attraction that had existed in the 1970’s and 80’s. It was called, Brigantine Castle. It was gigantic. It was five stories tall with over 80 live actors. Through the early search facilities of the web, I found a few of the original cast and got them together using a yahoo group (They still use it).

It gave me a unique opportunity to interview them and to write some great stuff about the place, with a lot of their pictures and even some sound recordings.

The editor of Haunted Attractions magazine read my web site and asked me to write one for him. It was my first professional writing. I’ve written a few more articles for Haunted Attractions Magazine since then, along with a few other industry publications.

Web
Blog
Facebook
Twitter: @HalRappaport




This is a fiction story, with factually reported paranormal events, written by an established, credible, science and technology writer for well-known publications.

I think you'll find the story has in interesting world to immerse yourself in without losing an edge in reality that sets it apart. While the book has paranormal elements, it is not a typical, "drippy" vampire romance. Hath no Fury is about REAL magic. While the storyline is a fictional, any paranormal elements are actually based on real events personally observed in research or relayed by very credible witnesses.

Set in the 1970’s, Mark and Amy, the central characters of the story, live a life of discovery and wonder amidst a secret world of magic practitioners. As they mature, they discover their own magic and a new facet to their friendship. Just as they turn over a new page in their relationship, their worlds are suddenly rocketed out of control by a destiny and a source of evil that has been waiting patiently for a generation.


5*****Stars! Paranormal Romance Guild Reviews
Nominated for Best Paranormal-fantasy: 2012 PRG Reviewer's Choice Awards

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
It would have to be, the Wiccan Rede (pronounced “reed”). It’s part of an understanding that any witch or magick practitioner should understand. Any energy you put out in the universe (magickal or otherwise) will come back to you times three. Similar to Karma, with its balance, the Wiccan and Pagan beliefs are just multiplied by three. It still comes out to be a balance, so it doesn’t strictly conflict with Karma, just that it shows its results with “broader strokes.” 

Q) How long did it take you to write?
The story for Hath No Fury came to me more or less all at once. I spent a month getting the basics out of my head onto paper. I spent the next year actually writing it and another year editing it. 

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Getting in “the zone.” The semi-hypnotic state when the story just can’t seem to get out fast enough. It’s clearly a high akin to what some pro-athletes say they feel when they push themselves beyond normal expectations.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Editing! You need to do at least some of this yourself. Even if you hire someone to fix your grammar, only you can make sure your story holds together.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Buzz Aldrin. I’d say Neil Armstrong, but he’s not with us anymore. I am a paranormal writer, but I’m also a techie. I just love the idea of being able to peruse the thoughts of a man who was one of the first to set foot on the moon. It’s an experience that is shared by only the smallest handful of people. 

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
My Gazpacho. I made it about a week ago 

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
The sequel, “Moments of Rhythm and Magic” should be done by end of the summer (probably in September) of this year (2013).

I also have a Vampire book which needs some work, but is close to being released. That one is based on some reality. Really! Look out for “Dear Vampire Agememnon.”
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)