Prince of Shadows by Nancy Gideon

Nancy Gideon is the author of over 54 novels ranging from historical and contemporary suspense to paranormal with a couple of horror screenplays thrown in.  When not at the keyboard or working full time as a legal assistant, she can be found feeding her addictions for Netflix and all things fur, feather and fin.
Website     Blog     Facebook     Twitter       Goodreads
A gentle female held hostage in a deadly play for power, Kendra Terriot’s only means of survival for herself and her family is to play to a careful courtship game. The one she chooses from her clan’s dangerous heirs will inherit the coveted crown, keeping her their prisoner forever . . . unless she can retain her virtue until rescue arrives.

Favored son of their brutal Shifter leader, the only calm in Cale Terriot’s violent world is a childhood love for his delicate distant cousin whom he’s pledged to make his queen. With Kendra at his side, he knows he can become the kind of ruler his clan needs, but first he must learn how to become the kind of mate she desires.

In a treacherous race for control, where weakness means death, Cale must prove he’s not the beast his beauty fears and still protect her, especially once her unrequited love returns to free her. The only way to win her respect could mean surrendering his throne.

The only way to win her heart could mean letting her go…even if she no longer wants to be saved.
Q) What inspired you to write this story?

A) This is the 8th book of my “By Moonlight” shape-shifter series and events in New Orleans were about to bubble over. I’d gone as far as I could go without returning to the original two main characters so I took a break, branching out to do some exploring within the Shifter world by introducing the rival Terriot clan of Nevada. My heroine had a cameo in HUNTER OF SHADOWS and BETRAYED BY SHADOWS and I felt her self-sacrificing return to the restrictive and dangerous Terriot fold in order to protect her family deserved some recognition. I’ll have to admit, I loved the change of scenery from the steamy atmosphere of the bayou to the crisp isolation of Lake Tahoe, and the chance to put a different spin on the brutal warrior clan and its strutty, tattooed, rock and roll prince.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
A) I had a blast from page one to page end for almost three months. Then came the trimming of over 100 pages—always a painful process, which took another few weeks. A pretty good turn around and in to my editor by deadline.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
A) The creative process. I love gathering the pieces of character, plot and setting and weaving them into an imaginary world where I can lose myself for several months at a time. It’s all about the writing. It’s a mental vacation for me. Everything else—like getting paid to do it—is a bonus.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
A) The business of writing. Who knew? I sure didn’t when I was scribbling frantically toward publication. And now, with social media, there’s a mountain of it. I enjoy the speeches, blogs, Facebook, tweeting, etc., but once a book release is over, I’m totally brain drained and can’t wait to get back to the quiet of 5:00 a.m. with Keurig coffee and chapter one of a new project.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
A) I’d like to be that person who discovers the ultimate cure for cancer so I can come back to pass on a message of hope, preferably in the very near future.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
A) I found something crouched and withered in the back of the veggie drawer the other day. Not sure what it was in its glory, but think it’s probably from the Cretaceous period. I did have a can of crushed pineapple explode in my cupboard that was from the early ‘00s! I hope I’ll be able to hold my age better.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
A) More of the “By Moonlight” world, I’m hoping. I just got the rights back to 20+ books from my Dana Ransom backlist and BelleBooks will be reissuing four of my contemporaries in 2014. I’m actively searching for good homes for my historicals. I’m also tinkering with a historically set young adult paranormal series. There’s always something on the burner.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)