Night Hawk by J.E. Taylor‏


J.E. Taylor is a writer, a publisher, an editor, a manuscript formatter, a mother, a wife and a business analyst, not necessarily in that order. She first sat down to seriously write in February of 2007 after her daughter asked:

“Mom, if you could do anything, what would you do?”

From that moment on, she hasn’t looked back and now her writing resume includes a more than a dozen published novels along with several short stories on the virtual shelves including a few within eXcessica anthologies.

In addition to being co-owner of Novel Concept Publishing (www.novelconceptpublishing), Ms. Taylor also moonlights as a Senior Editor of Allegory (www.allegoryezine.com), an online venue for Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror. She has been known to edit a book or two and also offers her services judging writing contests for various RWA chapters.

She lives in Connecticut with her husband and two children and during the summer months enjoys her weekends on the shore in southern Maine.

Visit her at www.jetaylor75.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/JETaylor/190872939774
https://twitter.com/JETaylor75
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3153969.J_E_Taylor
http://www.amazon.com/J.E.-Taylor/e/B003FER8M6/



Selling your soul has never been so charming and Mark throws in a little something to sweeten the pot, his girlfriend Naomi.

Sentenced to death at the hands of a demon, Naomi Hawk has a firsthand lesson in despair and betrayal in Mark’s deal for fame with all the trimmings. Deep in the clutches of the underground brotherhood, Naomi's light is coveted for the Master's gain.

When she slips and falls eighty stories from a precarious ledge, Naomi resigns herself to the inevitable impact and death by shattered bones. Before she can escape her demons in eternal slumber, something sinister plucks her from the plummet, stealing her out of the night to sacrifice her forever to the shadows.

Imprisoned in bottomless darkness, Naomi thirsts for justice…and revenge.

Q) What inspired you to write this story?

Actually, I was looking through my old work-in-progress files and found the first few sentences in a file labeled Night Hawk. Nothing more than those opening lines that I wrote a few years ago and stored away with very little idea of where to go from there.

I know for a fact, the direction I took with this wasn't my original design, but it was time and Naomi had an awful lot to say after being locked away for so long. Honestly, I am so glad I held off on writing her story, because back then, I'm sure I wouldn't have done her justice.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Two and a half months from opening that document to handing it in to my editor.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Vicariously living through my characters.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
When I'm in the 'zone', having to stop and go to bed because I have to get up and function for my day job. I get very crabby when this happens, almost like a kid that has to put away her toys and go to bed.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Faith Hill, because she is drop-dead gorgeous, has an awesome voice (I can't sing to save my life), and who wouldn't want to have Tim McGraw sharing the same bed.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Oh, good lord. I actually had to get up and look and what is in my refrigerator is scary, however, it's a good thing because I found some moldy cream cheese that had to be thrown away. Both my husband (I consulted him on this) and I think it might be the soy sauce. As to how old it is? Your guess is as good as mine. Who knows, it could be as old as our house, which was built in 2001.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Damian and Naomi are already making a racket in my brain, so I'm sure book two will end up trumping some of the other things I have in flight this year. However, the next book I'm working on right now is another one with my son in his Death Chronicles trilogy. It's called Highway to Hell and in book, Nick goes up against Leviathan to rescue his father. Highway to Hell is scheduled for release this summer.

At each site, JE is offering giveaway of Night Hawk - winner’s choice of  ebook in either PDF, Mobi, or Epub.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)