Winter Mist by Jacqueline Paige


Jacqueline Paige is a world class multi-tasker being a mother to five adventurous and unpredictable children, a cafe manager and having a colossal imagination that allows her to step outside of reality into a world of paranormal romance —with just a touch of suspense.


Jacqueline lives in Ontario, Canada and avoids the ever changing weather of the region she lives in by creating other worlds to fall into in her stories of all things paranormal.

Her first book was published in 2009 and since then has published ten. She is always writing and currently has more than a dozen stories in one stage or another of the writing process.

You can find all of Jacqueline’s books at: www.jacqpaige.webs.com



Step into a world of magic and passions....


Take a dash of spice, heat it
Add a flash of magic and watch the sparks fly
Toss in a killer that's targeting women
Add a handful of witches from all paths to stir it all together...

Patrick is a man that has lived a violent life undercover in all the wrong places, for too long. His light charm carefully keeps others from seeing the dangerous man that lies inside. He is the first for justice and will go out of his way to keep the innocent safe. He finds himself falling for the woman that was a victim of a sick and vile person and is caught between keeping her out of harm’s way and completing the job he needs to finish.

Rhonda is a woman that becomes a victim to the vicious attack of a killer. Even though she survives, she will have to learn to live with the scars for the rest of her life. In hiding she has to rebuild the strength to get through it. She is forced to spend her days and nights in the company of a detective, that seems to have no other plan in life than to constantly aggravate her and make her want things she may never have again.

When Patrick’s cover is blown and he is badly injured, the group of friends pull together to keep him and the recovering victim of a killer safe. As a result, the group of twelve become targets of the criminals after Patrick and have to live together in a safe house for Yule.

Can twelve witches follow orders or will they take matters into their own hands?

Release date:  March 15, 2013

Q) What inspired you to write this story?

I actually didn’t have plans to write a fifth book in the series but it nagged at me that I’d left Patrick and Rhonda just hanging at the end of Autumn Dance, so I sat down and dug a little deeper into their personalities to see if they had something to share.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
This one took quite a bit longer than the rest of the series. The first four books took me six months in total, I thought my hands were going to swell up from typing so much. Winter Mist was a little harder to unravel and put onto paper so it was probably six to eight months in the works.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I’d like to say because I know the ending, but I don’t usually. My characters have their own ideas quite often. I suppose I write the story for the same reason someone reads it, to find out what happens.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Proofreading/editing. Not the actual editing part, just the reading the same words over and over part. From the writing process to publication I think I’ve read the story at least twenty times, maybe more.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Oh my, who to pick? Being as my dream is to be a full-time writer (meaning I don’t have to work another ‘job’), I’d pick an author as successful as Nora Roberts just so I could get up each day / any day and write when I want to.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
The orange marmalade is three months old. I have four of my five children still at home, so nothing survives longer than a week in our fridge. 

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I have a few things the readers will be seeing soon. I’m working on the second story in my Animal Trilogy – Scent. Tiger shifter anyone? I’m also finishing up the first book in my new Ancestor’s Magic Trilogy – The Witch Within. The third book in the Hidden Senses Trilogy – Inner Reflections should be out in the spring as well.

Thanks for having me here!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)