This Week in Reading

I finished Dead City by Joe McKinney.  I enjoyed it.  This book was very fast paced and action packed. Mr. McKinney did a great job of incorporating both fast moving zombies and shamblers, and the origin of the creatures was fascinating. I felt some tension for the main character, but I was never overly worried that he wasn't going to be all right. I knew that no matter what he went through, he'd make it out alive. That didn't necessarily stay true for the other characters, though. I was surprised at some of the deaths, and that kept me on the edge of my seat.

The ending came a little too fast for me, but I know there is a series of books out there, so perhaps it was the calm before the storm. That being said, the book can stand on it's own and was a great, entertaining read.  

Unfortunately, I missed the discussion that the Zombie Book of the Month Club had.  I didn't want or mean to, but it occurred on a night that wasn't good for me.  I'm hoping next time will work out better, but I'm not holding my breath.  

I've been thinking a lot about time and energy this week, especially since I didn't seem to have either.  I've also been thinking about priorities and what I need to focus on.  Things are going to change next year, I can tell you that, but I'm not sure how.  I have a lot of things to mull over and figure out, and I'm going to use the month of December to do that.  Come January, I will have made my decision and will inform you of what I'm doing.  Don't worry, I'm not going to disappear or anything, I'll still be around, it will just depend on how much.    


This morning, the 5 year old was getting dressed on my bed and needed some help buttoning his pants.  As I was assisting him, I noticed that his pant legs were a little short.  

"These aren't going to fit you much longer," I told him.  "You need to quit growing."  

He wrapped his arms around my neck and said, "I know.  But I want my own cell phone and to be a bigger kid."   I smiled.  "I know, honey.  And you'll get there.  Way sooner than I want you to."  

He just smiled at me and walked out of the room to put his shoes on.  

People aren't kidding when they say kids grow up fast.  They really do, but it's a fun ride!  And thank goodness my son has his priorities straight.  There is nothing more important than getting older so you can have your own phone!  

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)