Meet An Author Tuesday

Marci Boudreaux resides outside of Des Moines, Iowa, with her husband, two daughters, and their abundance of pets. She is a freelance writer who appears monthly in several local magazines as well as a book editor for three e-publishers. In between all that, she somehow manages to find time to write contemporary romance and sometimes a bit of erotica under pen Emilia Mancini.

Romance is her preferred reading and writing genre because nothing feels better than falling in love with someone new and her husband doesn't like when she does that in real life.

Links:
Website: http://marciboudreaux.webs.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorMarciBoudreaux
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/MarciBoudreaux
Email: marci.boudreaux at gmail dot com
Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/auGrKsPguO4

Unforgettable You

Unforgettable You - Click Image to Close

Desperate to keep her ailing mother-in-law, Doreen, in the woman’s home, Carrie Gable agrees to board a handful of Hollywood’s most elite actors at the manor. Despite her resentment of the demands being placed upon her, she can’t help but be taken in by actor Will Walker.


Will, in a last-ditch effort to save his career, has agreed to a project he has no interest in. The more time he spends with his egotistical co-stars, the more drawn he is to Carrie. Long nights spent talking about the paths their lives have taken make him realize he’d rather have a simpler life, but his ties to L.A. aren’t as willing to let him go.

With the temptation of stardom pulling Will in one direction and the need to care for Doreen tugging Carrie in another, the couple struggle to hold onto the happiness they were missing until finding each other.

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I had wanted to write a book about a mother/daughter type relationship for some time. The relationship between Carrie and Doreen, her mother-in-law, is very sweet and as close as any mother and daughter could be. Soon after Carrie’s husband is killed in a robbery, Doreen is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and it isn’t long before Carrie moves in to care for her. In doing so, she realizes that Doreen has blown through all the money that was set aside for her living expenses. Desperate to keep Doreen in her family home, Carrie agrees to reopen the estate as a bed and breakfast for some of Hollywood’s biggest stars who will be filming a movie in their town.

The book was meant to focus on the relationship between these two women, but the budding romance between Carrie and, A-list actor, Will Walker kept creeping into the spotlight so finally I just went with it. Who am I to tell the story where to go?

Q) How long did it take you to write?
I worked on this for over a year. It doesn’t usually take me that long to finish a manuscript, but I was a full-time student at the time and I always seem to be writing three or four books at once. I also was published under pen Emilia Mancini in the midst of working on this, so that took the majority of my focus for a while before I was able to pick Unforgettable You up again.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love getting caught up in the relationships of the characters I’m creating. I also enjoy that they take on a life of their own, I usually have a good idea of where I’m going when I start a story, but like this one, oftentimes the characters end up dictating how it goes.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
The time it takes! I have all these ideas in my head just trying to get out but I can’t keep up with them. I work on several books at a time because I have ideas sprouting that don’t fit in the book I’m working on, so I open up another book and throw that idea there. It’s painful, really, because it takes forever to get any one finished.

It’s also really hard to go through the editing process. As an editor myself, I know they are doing everything they can to make sure your book is the best it can possibly be, but when you are on the writing end of the deal, it’s still hard to hear your book isn’t perfect. It’s not the editor’s fault, in fact, if I ever worked with an editor that didn’t find something that needed work, I’d wonder if she had even read it.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
If I could be anyone, from any time, I’d love to walk in the shoes of Dorothy Parker. Her no-nonsense sharp wit was nothing compared to her amazing ability with words. Whether working in journalism, poetry, fiction, or screenplays, she had it all and it wasn’t easy for a woman during that time to get to where she was.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I am pretty intent on getting rid of things quickly, but there is a block of sharp cheddar in the cheese drawer that is starting to look a little fishy.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I am currently editing one book, The Messenger (a working title, I really don’t like it), before starting the submission process, and am nearly finished with writing one entitled Her Great Escape. Both take place in a newspaper office and both are romances.

The Messenger follows green reporter Evelyn Thomas and seasoned reporter Wes Reilly as they investigate insurance fraud at the local hospital. In Her Great Escape, Lanie Davidson is manipulated out of ownership of her family newspaper. Frustrated that she can do nothing but let her attorney fight for her, she hits the road and ends up in a small town. There she finds the local newspaper on the verge of bankruptcy and is convinced by owner, Graham Bradley, to help him save his business.

As always, I have other things in the works, but those are the two nearest completion.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)