Movie Review Monday

The Cabin in the Woods (2011)

Why am I just now seeing this film?  It came out last year, and I remember seeing previews for it, so why has it taken me so long to watch it?  It was freaking AWESOME!

I'm not going to tell you too much about this film because I don't want to give anything away.  It's one of those things you have to experience for yourself.  It is a horror film, but it's also so much more.  It has elements of slasher films and zombie films and conspiracy films and there was a little bit of spoof in it.  I found myself jumping (which isn't that big of a deal because I still jump at slasher films and I've seen them a bazillion times) and laughing. 

The movie was weird, there's no denying that, but it was so entertaining.  It's one of those films I would love to sit down and dissect because of references to other films, but also because it plays with the audience.  I highly recommend it, especially if you're a horror fan or a Joss Whedon fan.  It was great!

Oh, did I mention is had Chris Hemsworth in it?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)