Need to Start Over

Meet an Author Tuesday will resume tomorrow.  It seems the blog post has gotten lost somewhere in cyberspace.

I need to start today over.  It hasn't been very nice to me so far.  It started at 5:00 a.m., when my husband's alarm went off.  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why he was getting up.  He never works out on Wednesday.  Then, it hit me.  It wasn't Wednesday, it was only Tuesday.  That was my first let down.

I woke up with a huge headache because smoke from wildfires had drifted across our air space.  That put me in a bad mood.  I had to wake the boys up, and as I bent down to kiss the 5 year old, I don't know if he moved or I misjudged the distance, but I whacked my mouth on his head and cut the inside of my lip with my teeth.  That didn't help the headache or my mood.

Parking at the University is practically nonexistent.  Finding a place is like looking for the Holy Grail, so they have satellite parking lots with buses that take people to campus.  In the summer, it's fantastic because sometimes I would be the only person on the bus.  Yesterday, classes started again.  I'm no longer the only person on the bus.  I'm crammed in there with tons of students.  This morning, I had to wait in line to get on the bus.  I went from being cranky to downright irritated.  Then, when I was on the bus, I had to stand because they cram as many people in as they can.  It wouldn't be that bad if the people around me didn't have ginormous backpacks that slammed into me every time the bus driver braked.

When I finally got to work, I went to fill my coffee cup, only to find no one had made coffee yet.  Are you kidding me?  I don't mind making coffee, I know how, but I don't like being surprised like that. 

It's 8:30 on Tuesday and it's already been a long week.  I guess the one saving grace is that my day can only get better.  And it better!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)