Meet an Author

Today's guest is Patricia Bates.  She will tell you about herself.

Reading has been such a large part of my life. I cut my literary teeth on such author’s as Louis L’Amour, Nora Roberts and Janet Dailey. For me it wasn’t such a jump from reading the wonderful tales these author’s spun to imagining my own.

Soon I was writing poetry, short stories and by junior high I’d written my first full length romance novel. Since then I’ve taken my love of history and my passion for writing and combined them into what I hope will continue to prove a successful career.
With six books contracted, four of which are currently available in print. All are available in electronic format with the last two ebooks due for a release in May and the other in the summer. I’m currently working on three projects, an erotic paranormal romance featuring a witch who loves Christmas, another Ancient Ireland novel, rich in the history of the Irish Celtic peoples, and plotting out a Cowboy Series tentatively titled “The James Gang”.

Of course I’ve got a lot more on the go. I’m developing and growing my editing company with some amazing authors, working on getting the books that Blade had revamped to fit the submission guidelines for some other publishers and keeping up on my writing and being a full time mom, working outside of the house…its amazing what I can manage in a 16 hour day.



Q) What inspired you to write this story?
Preacher's Outlaw was a story I was invited to write for Decadent Publishing. A former editor asked me to participate and I jumped at it since historicals are one of my favs to write and read. However the inspiration came from a song playing on my computer - Waylon Jennings Ladies love Outlaws - and instantly my mind went to what if it wasn't a bad boy story but one of a bad girl? And the story was born.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
It didn't take long to write it less than a month actually. But I wrote it in bits and pieces because some characters I had to wait for permission to use, and then of course Abigail and Daniel weren't always so eager to participate. So I had to wrangle the characters a bit but it was still fun.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Getting to go where I've never been. When writing historicals I can take a tour of a place I couldn't go to - even if I managed to get there today lol.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Writer's Block - or in my case a muse whose too pushy and has way too many ideas for stories for me to keep track of.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Its a toss up between Boudicca and Cleopatra. Both were women of power, but that isn't what they're attraction is for me. They were willing to risk everything for love and family and there's nothing better than that.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Crushed Garlic and its about six months old.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Oh I have a whole list of books I'm working on both as myself and under my pen name. I will definitely be having writing more historical romances, a few contemporaries, working on my paranormal series, working on my Cowboys Series and more. Stop by my website or blog for an updated list - it changes frequently so you may want to sign up for the newsletter which goes out monthly.

Readers can find me on my websites

www.patbatesromances.com
www.elisewhyles.com
http://ofinkandquille.blogspot.com
http://facebook.com/romanceauthor

Buy Link for Preacher's Outlaw
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)