This Week in Writing

I did some edits on Death to the Undead and sent them back to the publisher.  I still have no concrete release date on that story.  I was told April, then the end of May, then it was pushed back to July, and now it might come out at the end of June if we can get the edits done.  When it actually goes on sale, then I'll let you know!

I finished the first round of revisions for the middle grade book, and I plan on starting the second this weekend.  I have a content edit to do for a collection of short stories (not mine), but I can squeeze them both in.  There's no rush to have either of them done.


Last night, I turned on the TV for the boys, who thought they wanted to watch cartoons.  It was on the Spike channel, which was showing Impact Wrestling.  Immediately, the 5 year old said he wanted to watch fighting, so, naturally, I left it on that channel.

I can't tell you how long it's been since I've watched wrestling.  I used to be a HUGE fan!  I watched it back in the day when the WCW was still around.  My favorites were Big Poppa Pump and Buff Bagwell, along with a host of others.  My friends and I would rent a box every month so we could watch whatever pay-per-view was on. (After wrestling was over, we watched Mystery Science Theater 3000.)  We attended several events down in Denver.

I don't know who any of the new wrestlers are, but there was one who showed up last night that I recognized.  And, yes, I realize it is all choreographed.  However, that doesn't change the fact that the wrestlers still get hurt and it's highly entertaining.  It brought back a lot of memories.

But I digress.  While the show was on, since my children have to mimic everything they see on TV, they decided they needed to fight, too.  There is nothing more hilarious than watching a 3 year old and a 5 year old kicking each other from the "top rope" (the recliner) and smacking each other on the chest (which, yes, leads to one of them crying), except maybe watching grown men do it.

Have a great weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)