Promotion is the Game

I have a guest blog here, which explains how I got into writing romance.

Since my first book was published, I've been trying to figure out ways to get my work into the public eye.  I want readers to read it.  The same has happened with every book that I've published afterward.  I send the book out for reviews, I have contests, I make key chains and fliers to hand out.

Still, I don't believe I'm getting my books the exposure they need.  I have limited scope and capabilities.  My lovely friend, Tamara, has sent me some articles and books about branding and making a presence for yourself.  I've only started reading one, so I'm not sure how helpful they are.  However, knowing Tamara, I'm sure they'll have some great advice.

The other option I've taken is hiring a PR company.  It's for my nonfiction book, which apparently is easier to market than fiction.  It makes sense.  There are bazillions of fiction books out there, but you can be an expert and narrow the field for a nonfiction book.  It's something I haven't tried before, so I'm going to see how it works.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it helps with the promotion game.  I think the other thing that would help would be having more time.  That's not going to happen for a while.  Until then, I'll have to make do with what I can do!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)