Meet An Author Tuesday

Lydia Nyx is from Cleveland, Ohio. She writes everything from contemporary to historical, as well as paranormal, horror, and urban fantasy, and she prefers all her fiction with a male/male twist. She currently resides in a little apartment with her teenage son and a crazy cat and spends countless hours of the day entertaining the dirty fantasies in her head. As a "day job" she works as a waitress, which gives her lots of free time to slack off and plot stories. Writing since the age of 13, she has always wanted to be an author, and hopefully one day writing will be her only "day job."

Blue-Gray Lines by Lydia Nyx: part of the 'More Love Notes' anthology from Musa publishing.



Wendell Davis is a rarity in 1864 Missouri--a man of eligible age and good health not fighting in the Civil War, thanks to his cruel mother's manipulations. However, Wendell's lifelong lover, Declan Kelly, is away fighting on the side of the Union. Parted for two years, communicating only via letters and bombarded by the horrors of war even on the home front, Wendell is starting to lose hope. The only thing that can bring light back into Wendell's gray world is a reunion with Declan--something he's going to have to fight his own war to achieve.

About 'More Love Notes'

Across battle lines, foolish games, and conflicting tempos, love always finds a way. From rock and roll to symphonies, modern day geeks to 19th century soldiers, this collection of sexy and romantic stories shows even the loneliest of moments can be made right when the perfect note is delivered. Let More Love Notes find a home in your heart, a reminder that love happens all over, any time, any place. Written by four of the hottest authors in gay erotic romance--Lydia Nyx, Scarlett Parrish, Viki Lyn and Jenny Urban--these stories will definitely add an edge of spice to your Valentine's night.

Learn more and buy

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I've always had a huge, geeky interest in the American Civil War. Elizabeth Silver, the editor of the anthology, invited me to write a story for it and I initially had no idea what I was going to write. I ended up coming up with the idea spur-of-the-moment over dinner in New Orleans at the GRL Retreat this past October. I've always wanted to write a Civil War-themed story and I already had tons of research and knowledge under my belt, so I decided to go for it.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
About a month. I'm a pretty quick writer. Of course that was just the first draft--there was rewriting and editing after that, which took another couple weeks.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Being constantly surprised at what I come up with! I do very little planning and usually just follow the story and see where it leads me. Oftentimes I surprise myself, as if I'm the one reading it instead of writing it. It's a nearly magical process and I get really excited about it.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
All the actual work involved. I wish I could just transfer my thoughts to the page via osmosis. Most writers will tell you they love writing, it's the paperwork that gets to them.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Misha Collins, because I want to see what it's like to be a really hot guy for a day.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
A jar of some strawberry goo I bought just because I liked the jar. I collect bottles and jars and I liked how it was shaped. I think I planned to use the strawberry goo for something but I never did. It's been in there at least six months.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I'm planning on getting the sequel to my urban fantasy novel Black Shore of the White City out this year--hopefully by summer! I'm going to shoot for appearing in some more anthologies, too.

Find Lydia at her website and her blog.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)