Meet An Author Tuesday

Meet Mary S. Palmer. She has a Bachelor of Arts (Cum Laude) and a Master of Arts in English with a Concentration in Creative Writing from the University of South Alabama. She also took a semester of French (her minor) in Arcachon, France. Her screenplay JOE AND JOE received third place in the Eugene Walter Writer's Fest in 2005 and her essay DIMES AND QUARTERS was awarded third place in the Baldwin Writers' Group Essay Contest in 2011.

She has published five books: MEMORAMOBILEIA, THE CALLINGS, FALSE GODS, QUEST FOR FORGIVENESS and TO CATCH A FISH (all coauthored). Her science-fiction book entitled TIME WILL TELL will be released as an ebook March 9, 2012. TO CATCH A FISH, coauthored with David V. Wilton, will also be released by Musa on May 25, 2012.

She writes in different genres: biographies, crime, novels, and poetry. She teaches English at Faulkner State Community College and at Faulkner University. She has also taught Creative Writing in the past. Mary resides in Mobile, Alabama, but loves to travel and has visited all fifty of the United States and every continent except Antarctica.

Her story is called "Time Will Tell," and you can check it out here.



Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I was inspired to write this science-fiction story because I wanted a change of genre. I like to experiment and explore the unknown and I wanted to see what I could do in a different field. It took quite a bit of research, but I'm glad I tried something new.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
It took about as long as it takes to have a baby--nine months.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
My favorite thing about writing is seeing the characters come to life and being able to identify with them--love, or hate, them.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
My least favorite thing about writing is seeing that I've made mistakes, especially about things when I know better.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
If I could be any famous person for one day, I think I'd like to be Thomas Jefferson. Maybe I could learn something from a person with such a brilliant mind.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
The oldest thing in my fridge is a jar of Jalapeno peppers. It's probably five years old.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I have just finished a sequel to TO CATCH A FISH entitled BAITING THE HOOK, and it's under consideration by Musa. I am working on a sequel to THE CALLINGS entitled A CLEAN SLATE. My next project will probably be to revise a mystery that I started on years ago, or I may write a sequel to TIME WILL TELL. I also have a couple of other books in different genres that I may revise.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)