Meet An Author Tuesday

Today's guest is Margarita Felices, and her book is called "Judgement of Souls."



If you have to find a sacred book in order to redeem your parents, find and kill Max, the person responsible for their punishment. The same man that broke your heart and turned your perfect world upside down and try to keep the mortal man you now love safe from this vindictive Vampire’s sword, then you should read Rachel’s story.

JUDGMENT OF SOULS is a Gothic horror in which a naïve pureblood Vampire is tossed into the mortal world. Rachel meets Daniel, a nightclub owner and his group of friends and after Daniel’s best friend is murdered by Max, becomes embroiled in the search for an ancient Vampire artifact. Rachel tries to fight off her feelings for Daniel, even siding with her Vampire friend Arun to think again about Daniel’s involvement, but he’s her love and she’s going to protect him, no matter what.

Rachel, Daniel and Arun’s quest would immediately excite readers of Stephenie Meyer's The Twilight Saga, Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Vampire Hunter and L.J. Smith's Vampire Diaries books. Rachel is a Vampire of today: conflicted, compassionate, idealistic and now extremely dangerous. She’s kind, thoughtful and also a vicious killer. JUDGMENT OF SOULS is the first of a proposed series of three books that will chronicle her life from leaving the safety of the Vampire Elysium to her subsequent battle with Max that spans over 300 years. The first book will lead with the discovery of the book by Rachel’s father in the Crusades and finish with Rachel’s birth. The second will follow Rachel as she searches for Max travelling from continent to continent; she will make her first ever mortal friend only to see her murdered by Max. She will encounter a mysterious Count heading for execution in the French revolution and a run in with a group of Vampire killers called the Righteous. These novels will be blood thirsty and violent, but along the way there will be tales of love and romance and heartbreak.

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I've had this story in my head for too long. I wanted to write a different type of vampire story. For so long we’ve had the same type, I wanted to modernise it a bit, have them act differently, not always having that murderous thirst. It started out very different though. I soon realised I had to change it. I’m glad I did.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
I'm ashamed to say JOS3 has taken me 5 years. But that was mainly because of
my work. I had a job that took me away from it for 9 months, I didn't write a
thing during that time. I'm hoping that this next one will be written and edited by
Halloween.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
The way the story takes a direction, it’s such an adventure. I start to write about one thing but it takes me somewhere else and it's always full of surprises. And I love being involved in the lives of my characters, they're friends to me and I care about them.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Trying to find someone who would want to publish it once it was finished. I loved writing JOS3, I did get a few blank mind days, but it didn’t last and then you’d be on your way again. And then once you did find a publisher, you get an editor who decides to cut your story down and sends you suggestions for re-writes. It was hard cutting out sections because some of them you liked, but they know their job so you take notice. My corrections and edits took four months!

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I’m skipping this question. It’s not me being arrogant or anything like that; I just don’t know who I’d like to be – even for a day. I could suggest lots of people that I admire, but none that I’d like to be.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
That must be a jam or a sauce or something similar and might be at least a year old. I try to keep it all clean and up to date, though but you can never help one of those bottles reading 2010 can you?

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Well Judgement of Souls is a trilogy. I started at the end and I'm working my way
backwards. After all three are written I may do a few stories about my main
characters searching for occult artifacts. I have a few other stories that are written as scripts which I'd love to re-write into short stories.

This is the link to JOS3.

And if anyone wants to get hold of me, they can go here and any messages will be forwarded to me from them. My website will be ready soon... it's having a few tweeks!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)