MAKE IT STOP!

A while ago, I read an article about a study that was conducted to find the most annoying sound in the world. No, it was not Jim Carrey sitting in a van screeching. The test was conducted by having people sit in a room and perform simple math equations. A sound would be played, and the subjects would be rated on how many problems they got wrong.

The sounds ranged from a table saw to a baby crying to a child whining. So what was the conclusion? Whining children are the most annoying sound in the world. And, boy, do I know that more than anything!

I can be in a good mood, happy, laughing, then one on my boys will start whining for whatever reason, and I'm instantly grumpy. Seriously, within the blink of an eye, I will go from smiling to homicidal. It ruins my entire day.

I was having a pretty good week until my children woke up whiny and evil this morning. I know they don't do it on purpose, I know they have no other outlet for their feelings. But for crying out loud! They need to figure something out quick!

I'm sure my parents would say it's payback for how I acted as a child. All I can say is: I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was doing. If I could take it all back, I would!

There's a story in there somewhere. A story about how government officials use subliminal whining on their soldiers to make them more aggressive killers. Trust me, just putting up with it for a few hours would be enough for them to take out an entire country!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)