Movie Review Monday

The Hangover: Part II (2011)

When the first one came out, I wasn't sure I wanted to watch it. I thought it was going to be a woman-bashing, marriage-hating, guys-need-to-stick-together movie. Boy, was I surprised. It was hilarious!

The second one wasn't terrible, but I didn't think it was as funny as the first. Sadly, most of the funny parts are shown on the previews (I HATE when they do that!), but there is one twist they didn't show that was very funny.

The story follows Phil, Stu, and Alan as they celebrate Stu's bachelor party. No one wants to invite Alan to the wedding because of what he did the last time, but, due to pressure from wives, they give in and bring him along. As expected, he drugs them, again, and they can't remember the night before. Soooo, they spend the next two days trying to figure out what the hell happened and find their friend.

I recently read that they are making a Part III, which I'm a little confused about. Is it going to be Alan's bachelor party now? I supposed you need to milk the franchise for all it's worth, but unless they do something drastically different, I can't imagine it's going to be that great. The premise was pretty close to playing itself out with this film.

I would recommend seeing this movie if you like these kinds of films. We saw it in the theater, but I would have been just as content to watch in on DVD.

Aah! Zombies! (2007)

My list on Netflix was getting low, and there weren't a bunch of new releases I wanted to see, so I started putting old films on. This was in recommendations, so I clicked it. You know me, I like anything with zombies.

The movie follows 4 kids and an army private who are turned into zombies by a goo developed by the military. They think they are normal and everyone else has been infected. When they find out the truth, they decide to escape civilization and develop their own zombie community.

The idea of the film was intriguing. It was done from the zombie perspective, which is different from so many other films out there. The presentation had a little to be desired. It felt like a college film (which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Many a stars got their start that way), the acting bordered on really bad, and the effects were cheesy (not SyFy channel cheesy, they were actually a bit better than that!).

Despite this, I did find myself chuckling a few times, and I watched the entire movie. I would only recommend the film if you're looking for cheesy and a B-movie. At least you can say you experienced it!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)