What Else is Out There?

I was talking to a coworker yesterday, conversing about the writing I've accomplished so far and what I'm planning on working on next, and she asked me what I would be doing if I wasn't writing. I had no answer. I can't imagine I'd do anything!

I started writing when I was in high school, then things went on hiatus while I went to college. I still dabbled a bit with my personal writing, but didn't do anything major. It honestly wasn't until about 5.5 years ago, when I started working as a tech editor, that I got seriously back into writing (most of that was accomplished with help from my friend Tamara).

I have to say, having kids has really helped keep me on schedule. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but it's true. I have very limited time during the day, so when I get a free moment, I have to use it wisely.

I still don't know what I would be doing if I wasn't writing. Probably editing. There was a point where I didn't think I was good enough to write (still don't, really), so I wanted to help other writers (and I do). It's so hard to say what could've been.

What about you? What would you be doing if you weren't writing?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)