Movie Review Monday

First of all, I just want to comment on what a beautiful Monday it is. The sky is gray and it's raining. I love the rain. They way it sounds on the windows, the notion of cleanliness it brings. Plus, it's not snow. Don't get me wrong, I like the snow, but I'm definitely ready for spring, and today brings the promise of warmer weather!

RED (2010)

This movie was so much fun! My spouse kept putting off watching it, having no idea what it was about and assuming it was going to suck. Half way through the film he turns to me and says, "Why don't we own this film? It's awesome!"

The story is about Frank Moses, a retired black ops agent who is trying to live a normal life. He finds a girl he likes, and they have a relationship over the phone. When someone decides they want him dead, he has to find and protect this girl and the adventure begins.

The movie was just a lot of fun. It had an interesting storyline with a few twists and explosions. You know, pretty much all I need for a movie to be good (yes, I know, I have extremely simple tastes). The characters were likeable, and John Malkovich was hilarious! If you like action movies/spy thrillers, I think you'll get a kick out of this movie!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)