This Week in Writing

I almost, almost finished chapter 5 like I had planned. I was gung-ho at the beginning of the week, then I misplaced my motivation. I have no idea where it went!

I would like to say that I'm going to get some work done this weekend, but I'm not. It's a busy, busy time. We're taking the boys on their first snowmobiling trip this weekend, so I have to get warm clothes for them. Then the 3 year old has a birthday party to go to on Saturday. It's at the bowling alley, so that should be highly entertaining. I should've gotten my work done earlier, but I didn't. Oh, well. I'll have to work doubly hard next week.

Speaking of the 3 year old, he's been telling me for the last few days that when he grows up he's going to be a super hero. Apparently, he and his little friends have it all figured out. He's going to be Batman, his brother will be Robin, one of his friends is Superman, and the other is Spiderman. "There's a lot of super heroes in town," he tells me. I told him that's great, it will keep the crime down. He says, "Yep. Someone has to take care of the bad guys."

Back in the day, I used to be just as idealistic, until the weight of the world came crashing down. But my goal this weekend, since I won't be working, is to reassess my dreams and goals. If the 3 year old can be a super hero, then we can be good writers or editors or whatever. There is always a means to an end, and this weekend is the perfect time to figure out how to get there. Someone has to take care of the bad guys, even if they're only in our minds.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)