Hoping to See the Light

I received a very lovely rejection this morning. It was one of those ones that didn't like project, but encouraged me to submit some articles to their journals. That is very flattering because they recognize that their might be some merit there. If only I had the time to do it...

I was really hoping to have an epiphany this weekend. Some sign to let me know if I was on the right path with my nonfiction book. It didn't happen. My gut tells me that I should finish it; just get the damn thing done, but my head, my "reasonable" side, tells me it's a waste of time. I have no idea what to do.

I'm taking this week off from working on it because I have to do the edits for my YA zombie novel. I actually have a deadline on that, so I better get it out of the way. Maybe I'll have a clearer idea of what I should do after.

Ugh! This is so frustrating. On the one hand, I know that my end-game shouldn't be to get published. I should just be satisfied that I accomplished something. But on the other, why do I write if no one is going to read it? They always say that when writing stops being fun, you should quit. I'm almost at the point. Almost. But I'm also very stubborn.

What would you do?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)