Dreams

As I was driving to work this morning, I was thinking how nice it would be if I could spend my day at home writing. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I've been telling everyone that my goal one day is to only have one part-time job (I have to keep one job because I need the health insurance). Most of them just chuckle and tell me good luck.

I think people's initial reaction to my dream is that I'm going to sit at home and watch TV. Even when I tell them I'm going to spend the time writing, they don't get it. I don't think they understand the amount of work that actually goes into creating a story, whether it be a novel or short story. My writer friends completely understand what I'm talking about and wish they could do the same.

I'm not letting go of this dream. As one of my coworkers said, "You hold onto that dream. Hold it like you did your teddy bear when you were little." I will, one day, be a part-time writer (maybe that will eventually lead into me being a FULL-TIME writer! Baby steps, first, baby steps). It might not be for 10 or more years (or as my spouse says, when I retire), but it will happen.

What is your dream?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)