Movie Review Monday

Grown Ups (2010)

I'm still recovering from a horrific disease that my 3 year old shared with me, so this won't be very long, mainly because my brain is not functioning correctly.

I was looking forward to seeing this movie because I heard it was hilarious. I don't know if it was because I was sick and in the wrong frame of mind, but I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, there were parts where I laughed (silently because I lost my voice), but then it got boring. The whole water park scene seemed completely irrelevant.

In reality, the whole move was irrelevant. The feel good part about childhood friends getting together after their coach's funeral and finding the true meaning of family was all right, but I was expecting waaaay more slap stick humor. I mean, isn't that what all of those guys are known for? The verbal sparring was all right, probably unscripted, but it got old after a while. I didn't even finish the movie, so I don't know if they won the rematch. I'm sure they did, why wouldn't they? It was pretty formulaic.

All in all, this movie was probably pretty good if you were sitting around drinking a few beers or male. It had it's moments, but it's not one I'd watch again.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)