Movie Review Monday

The Proposal (2010)

I had a lot of people tell me this movie was funny, so we loaded it up on Netflix instant play and checked it out. Surprisingly, it was hilarious! It was also formulaic and a chick flick, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I really like Sandra Bullock. After her initial attempts at films that didn't work very well (Speed comes to mind or Miss Congeniality), she's actually grown into her career. I thought she did a great job in The Blind Side, and I really liked her in this. I was chuckling when they portrayed her as a heartless, no-nonsense editor of a major publishing house. Even though I don't know any personally, I have a feeling this was pretty close to the mark. (I put that phrase out there for someone to prove me wrong. Prove me wrong!)

I really like Ryan Reynolds, too. I can't wait for the Green Lantern to come out. I'm so seeing that in the theater. They had great chemistry on screen, and I could almost believe the relationship. Of course, since it's a romantic comedy, it doesn't really have to be true to real life. That's what makes it so fun.

If you're looking for something light and a little mindless with humorous parts, I definitely recommend this movie. It's the perfect end to a not-so-perfect day or a good way to put off getting some writing done!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)