So this morning, the 3 year old says to me, "Can we open a present?" And I tell him no. He asks me why, and I say, "Because it's not Christmas Day." He looks at me and says, "But it's Christmas Season." I don't know exactly what that means, but to him I suppose it means he should be able to open a present whenever he wants. My response was to chuckle.

Kids and Christmas, it's just too funny. The excitement, the wonder, the hoping to get the right toy. I'm not a huge fan of Christmas. There are several different reasons why, but I'm going to just leave it at that. But I love to watch my kids get excited. It's almost makes the holiday bearable.

The boys have their Christmas pageant tonight, and I'm really looking forward to it. It means another night where I won't get any work done, but there are more important things in life. I will get to it eventually. I have to. The guilt is starting to creep in!

Isn't it funny how we feel bad when we don't write? I mean, I don't have any deadlines (thankfully!), I don't have to finish any of the stuff I'm working on if I don't want to, but I have this feeling of obligation to get it done. I feel like I've failed if I don't finish. What I really need is a day to do nothing but write, just get some stuff on paper, then I'd feel better. Unfortunately, I'm trying to save up my vacation for Christmas so I can go home and hang with the family. Sadly, I won't get any work done then. Wouldn't it be nice not to have a real job?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)