Reading and writing are integral parts of one another. Any publisher, editor, agent, author, etc., will tell you that to become a good writer, you have to read. They suggest that whatever genre you write in, you need to read anything and everything you can get your hands on. For example, if you write sci fi, read all the sci fi you can. If you write literary, all the literary you can. (I think you get the idea.) When you are first starting out, they suggest you mimic the authors you like best. Eventually, you will find your own voice and writing style.

I remember when I first started writing, I never wanted to read because I didn't want it to influence my writing. Now that I'm a "seasoned" writer, I realize that the influence is actually a good thing, so I try to read whenever I get the chance. I've been feeling disconnected to my writing lately because I haven't had a chance to read. Don't get me wrong, as a tech editor, I read daily, but there is a difference in reading to correct someone's writing and reading for enjoyment. It is the enjoyment reading that pushes/influences me to want to be a better writer. I have been trying to finish up projects and get writing done that I haven't had a chance to sit down with a good book. It makes me a little sad. I always try to find some time, but it hasn't happened lately.

By the way, the DF Underground has posted my book trailer on their site. You can check it out here. I also read a very disturbing story on there yesterday. You can read it here. Check out some of their other stuff, if you have the chance.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)