I have another guest blog up. You can read it here: http://bookmadness.wordpress.com/2010/05/02/guest-blogger-pembroke-sinclair/

Well, so much for hoping. This week isn't any better than last week. The cat is getting worse, and I don't think she's going to make it another week. It's been a tough decision to make, but I think I need to put her down. I have my moments when I'm OK with it, then there's others where I just break down. Such is life. I'll make it through. I always do.

I decided to conduct an experiment yesterday. I don't know much about Facebook, or the applications, so I wanted to find some things out. My site doesn't seem to function like other peoples, so I'm not sure I can trust the results. For example, when my spouse can play games by just clicking on the application. When I try to do that, a box pops up that says they have to send a confirmation to my email address, but I never get the email. Without it, I can't play games. It's weird. My friends keep sending me invites to all these different places that I don't really want to go to, and I feel slightly guilty when I say no. Of course, I hope they understand that I can't join everything, so I hope they don't get upset. Anywho, I began wondering if they even know if I ignore their suggestion. I decided to test it out on friending someone. I chose an ex, one I knew was on Facebook and one I was pretty sure would ignore me, and sent them a request. Two seconds after sending it, I thought, "Oh, crap. What if they say yes?" I wanted to withdraw my request. Luckily, I'm pretty sure this person has ignored me. Their name hasn't appeared on my friend list with "Friendship Request Pending," so I'm convinced they said no, and it was done quietly. I'm assuming the others don't know when I ignore a page suggestion. Phew. Of course, if it bothered them that bad, they could just unfriend me. I don't have time to deal with hurt feelings!

My next experiment is to see what happens when you unfriend someone. I have a suspicion that the person knows when they're unfriended, but I'm not sure. Not that I want to unfriend anyone (well, there's one person, but that's aside the point), but it's for the sake of science. I'll totally refriend them when I'm done. I could have someone unfriend me, too. That might be the better way to go. I'll let you know how it goes.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)