I've been thinking about my new chapter, and I think I figured out why I'm having issues with it (aside from being grumpy!). I originally conceived of this story waaaay back when I was in high school, and that's when I started the first draft. It was put to the side while I went to school, then I brought it out again to work shop when I was a graduate student in college. I rewrote the majority of the story, but never liked how it flowed. Now that I am back working on it, I thought I would start it the way I had originally intended. I took the chapter and basically typed it word for word, making changes here and there. My problem: I have changed as a writer since I originally wrote the story. The reason I don't like it is because it doesn't reflect who I am now. Soooo, I'm going to restart, writing as I write now, and that (hopefully) should make a huge difference.

On another note, I received another request for a partial of the zombie novel. This one I'm WAY excited about because it comes from an agency on my wish list. Granted, ANY agent is on my wish list, but this agent has been on my radar for a long time. I sent her a query for my first book, which she rejected, and I went back and forth for about a week trying to decide if I should send this one. I finally decided that I have nothing to lose, so I sent it. I almost passed out when I read the request! Even if she eventually passes on the project, I'll still be able to say she looked at my work.

I don't know if I mentioned it (I keep forgetting), but I have received two rejections in the multitude of requests!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)